Thursday, June 5, 2014

Last week was not a good one. I was in a bad funk and couldn't get out of it. I am doing better now. Back on the horse. There is much to be done and so little time in which to do it.

A couple of fun things happening this month.

I am participating in a fabric scrap exchange arranged by a lovely blogger The Teacup Incident.

http://theteacupincident.typepad.com/the-teacup-incident/2014/05/the-fabulous-scrap-fabric-swap.html


I just sent of my scraps and can't wait to see what I get. Here are some pictures of my package.



I haven't been doing much jewelry making now. I have been trying to sew up some new summer clothes before I go on vacation.

I made up two really simple shirts. One is already worn and in the hamper. I finished one tonight which is why I am posting so late. I took a selfie in it because everyone else is asleep. It is horrible but it is what it is.

This one my sister called my Lucy shirt as in I Love Lucy. I have to agree. I think it would cute with a belt. Going to have to look into making one.

My next project is to make this.

I am going to make it long and were a cute T shirt underneath with leggings or something. I want to use the scraps I am getting from the exchange to make some cute appliqués or patch pockets. I'll have to see what I get.

I have other projects planned if I can get to them. Some dresses, skirts, and a couple different tops.

I am heading to Wisconsin soon to see some friends of mine, Anne and Matthias. The live in the country. I'll be going on walks, working on Anne's parents farm, playing with the puppies and hanging out with cool chickens. Plus there will be good food and good talk. Anne and I have planned enough crafting to keep us plenty busy. I can't wait.

I leave in 12 days and still have to gather things, pack, and figure out how to change from the train to the bus in Chicago. Arrgh!

Ok, I need to get back to sewing.

See you next week.

2 comments:

  1. Not sure how I missed this post.

    Cool that we've both been on sewing kicks lately. Love your polka-dotted top (it is polka-dotted, right? Either way, so cute!). Hope you show off your other newness, or at least bring it with you! :) Getting so close!

    ReplyDelete