Sunday, June 29, 2014

A little help from my friends

The only mistake you can make is not asking for help. 
-Sandeep Jauhar


Hello all.

It has been a while since I have posted a good long post.  I am still working on the post about my Wisconsin trip for Wednesday. This is a slightly different one than the normal updates.



I have started a gofundme campaign to allow me to spend some devoted time to Renegade Lily. I explained what I need and what it is for in my message there but I will repeat it here too. 

I made a goal for myself this year to open an Etsy shop and start a blog to share my journey into craftiness and have accomplished it. The stumbling block I am running into now is having time to invest in making product to sell and putting my stuff out there more at art fairs and galleries. What I need is a month or two to work steadily, get out to galleries, and sign up for some fairs. Basically I am asking for some good old fashioned patronage from my friends and relations. My living expenses are at a minimum living with my sister. I just need a little to squeak by, pay for entrance and table fees for fairs, and what ever few supplies that I might need as I work. The timing is right to do it now. Lynne, the sister I live with, is having surgery in September. I had already planned to take most of the month off to help her recover. This way I can work on my crafts for 2 months and then be there for her. In October I will start the new job search. At that point my shop should be full and I’ll have some fairs planned.

Here is the link to my page.



I figured it doesn't hurt to ask. I would appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks

Danielle

1 comment:

  1. Sending lots of positive thoughts and energy your way!!

    ReplyDelete