Thursday, June 12, 2014

Vacation, all I ever wanted. Vacation, had to get away.

Hello all.


Another Wednesday has come. Actually, because I am nocturnal, it is technically Thursday, but let's not dwell on that.

I am still trying to get everything done. I have done quite a bit of sewing. I finished another project.


It is hard to see because of the sun, but it is a fluffy sleeveless shirt in a cute birdie print. It was fun to make and really fun to wear.

I really hope I can get all the sewing that I want done by the time I go on my vacation. I am feeling a little less stressed. I sent off a box of heavy stuff today. Got my suitcase out of the closet. I am almost done with some gift projects. I cleaned my room. Most of my laundry is done. I have a list of things I need to procure before I leave. All in all, I am doing alright.

I can't wait to relax. It has been a long time since I did some traveling. I feel sometimes that my life has become so confined these past few years.

When I was younger, I loved to move about. When I first got my car, I would go on long drives. Just get out and look around at things for the change. I can't do that anymore. My car is old and on its last legs. The few friends I have left in town live on the west side of the city. It seems so hard to get there that I may as well still live in Louisiana.

I go this short distance between work and home. Everything I do is between those two places. This is starting to wear on me. I am starting to feel like a caged animal.

So I guess this trip is coming at a good time. I love to travel. As Anne Shirley would say, there is such scope for the imagination in traveling. I love that transient feeling I get when I don't really belong to where I am. It frees me up to be different. I can evaluate my life differently and sometimes more objectively because I am currently not the me I usually am.

I also like meeting new people. As anyone who knows me knows, I can talk to just about anyone about everything. I will get your life story out of you before I am done with you and tell you mine. People are so interesting sometimes. Travel puts you in the path of different people who have different experiences. People whom you might never meet in your day to day life.

All this just to say I am excited to be traveling a bit. I need a change of scenery.

I don't know if I'll be able to post anything for the next two weeks. But there will be many pictures and much story telling when I get back.

Have a great week and try to get out there and see what's new.

No comments:

Post a Comment