Friday, July 18, 2014

Fabric Swap Finished Product

Hello all.

It has been a while since I have posted anything. After returning from vacation, life got very crazy. I left my job. My mom and sister both had stints in the hospital. And we are madly preparing for some german friends to visit.

The deadline for this project was today. Yesterday I made myself work hard to get it done. I had just finished hand stitching the hem, when I got an email from the blogger organizing the swap extending the date. Oh well. I am glad it is done. I can send off the pictures and the link and start working on my next project. I am participating in a huge yarn bomb next Friday. There will definitely be pictures of that when it is done.

I posted previously about my plans for the project. I received some great bits of blues and greens with with yellows mixed in. I added a couple of blues for balance. This is my first piece work, so don't look to closely.


You can see the different fabrics in this picture. I substituted the plain yoke for a pieced one. I think it turned out very cute. 


 This is a full picture of the product. My sister and nephew think it looks like an apron. It does have a pinafore look about it. I like it actually. I am thinking of adding some pockets to make it more useful.

What do you think?

7 comments:

  1. Looks great! And pockets would be super cute.

    Speaking of super cute, hello, haircut! :)

    Hope things are settling down for you and that your mom and sister are doing ok.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The haircut was a bit of an accident, but I am getting used to it.

      Delete
  2. I vote for pockets, too. What a fun project...well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is your first piecing? Wow, you did well then. I think it looks FAB!

    ReplyDelete