Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Hello.

I hope you all got a chance to visit the shop. I am working away at my items to add. I had fun doing the photo shoot for the listings. It seemed so silly draping fabric and arranging everything. I think the pictures came out well. I got to use my sister's fancy schmancy camera which really helped. Hopefully I'll get some more time on Saturday to photograph the things I am making now and get them listed.

Another aspect of setting up the shop that was surprisingly fun was coming up with names and descriptions for the things. I hope to make customers giggle or smile at the crazy descriptions.  I still need to work on pricing and policies. I put some things together just to get started. I'll post any updates on the blog and on Facebook.

Today I got my business cards in. 

I am completely freaked and excited. I think they look fabulous but feel weird about having them. It seems kind of phony. Like all this isn't really something to take seriously. I doubt that anyone would be interested in what I am doing and in my stuff. It is very hard for me to shake those feelings off. But I continue. I am going to see this through. I am going to tell the Negative Nellie part of me to shut the frack up and keep on.

Otherwise, things are much the same. I made an appointment with a career counselor at the local public library system. I am interested to see what they have to offer. I am really really ready to move on with my life. 

It is finally starting to be Spring here. I even got a chance to repot my house plants.


Both of them were very root bound. I hope they survive the transfer. The calla lily is very droopy too. I hope having some more room will perk it up a bit. The geranium is a monster. I may need to get a bigger pot before the summer ends. It is going to turn into a bush. I love it. 

I love the smell of geraniums. I worked for a greenhouse one summer during college. Every once in a while I had to trim and clean up the geraniums that lined an entire section. I loved doing this job. I would be sweaty and completely covered in dirt at the end, but smelled like geraniums. I learned that geraniums have a thick sap inside. It smells wonderful and makes a lovely glue for dirt to plaster itself all over. Just writing about this, I can almost smell the green sweetness and earthiness of the greenhouse. That was a fun job.

I hope you all had a good Easter or Passover. And that Spring is bringing sunshine and greenery.

I am going to try to finish some more things and go to sleep.

See you all next Wednesday.

2 comments:

  1. So excited for you and your shop!! Love your business cards. They look really great. I know how hard it is in the beginning to feel legitimate, but it will get easier.

    YAY spring!! I am impressed by your geranium. It looks so healthy. Mine hasn't bloomed since last summer. And yes, that smell... I remember as a child keeping a geranium leaf in a fancy little box and opening the box to smell it every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your stuff! You always had great ideas and I'm excited that you're putting some into existence now. I'm looking forward to going through the proper channels in order to acquire a physical manifestation of one of your ideas. It's so official!

    (Oh, I know a guy with a degree in Business Administration, in case you ever have a question or something)

    ReplyDelete