Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Creative Craziness

 I almost forgot that it was Wednesday. I just sat down after doing some errands trying to gather my thoughts and realized it was post day.

 This week has flown by. I am still working more than usual. Currently I am sitting at a desk covered in beads, empty soda cans, library books, letter journals I am trying to send to friends and other various detritus of this past week. I have a pile of ironing and bottles of paint I recently bought covering my sewing table to the right of me. To the left, on a small TV tray, I have more beads, library books, my box of Sculpey stuff, and some folded laundry piles. There is also a laundry basket on the floor underneath and folded piles behind me on the bed. I left to go do the errands with my sister in the middle of folding.  

 My bedding is in the washer because I felt the need to throw it in the wash. A decision I am regretting now because I'll have to make my bed before I can go to sleep. I am too ashamed to show an actual photos. Believe me when I tell you that my room looks like an I Spy book.

Kind of like this.


 Last night, after I got home from work, I tried to make my own easter egg beads out of this air dry clay I found at Michael's. There will be no pictures of these either because it was a complete failure. The stuff was so sticky it ended up all over my hands. I couldn't form a good egg shape to save my life. It was a fiasco. So there went half the night.

 I spent the rest of the night laying out beads for two charm bracelets I am making for a friend who is leaving and for this homemade exchange I am participating in. I'll post about it when it is over because I don't want to ruin the surprise for the people getting my stuff. The might read my blog.

 I love and hate doing the layout part. It takes forever for me to decide what beads to choose. I usually buy a few special beads for the recipient of the bracelet and then comb through my supply. I can't go near beads without wanting to buy them. I now have some web sites bookmarked that sell all kinds of awesome beads. And then there is Etsy... I have favorited so many bead suppliers and have a cartload of beads awaiting purchase. So there are quite a few beads to choose from.

One of my favorite sites for some off the wall choices is Goody Beads. Check them out. 
http://www.goodybeads.com

This is one of my favorite.



 Then I spend hours rearranging the beads to achieve the right balance and color combo. This can be fun but often becomes frustrating if I can't make it work. I probably agonize a bit too much about it. This is supposed to be fun, right? 

 I finally got the layout for the two bracelets done. I hope that the ladies getting them will like them. I am excited about giving them out. I hope that when people wear my things they feel the happiness it gives me to make something for them. I think about the person looking at the various things and smiling.  

 Now all I need to do is put them together and hang them on the chain. I got these little boxes to put the bracelets in. I am still contemplating exactly how I want to decorate them. Oh, the possibilities.



I still have a long list of things I need to do after I finish these. And now I just volunteered to make seven pairs of earrings for my sister. Oh lord, have mercy on my pitiful soul. I am insane. I like this insanity though. It is creative insanity.


 Next week the blog may look different. I just got the color proofs from the graphic designer. They are so wonderful. Maybe I'll have everything in time to update the blog. If not, then it will be coming soon.

Have a great week. I hope spring is coming soon to all. Go outside and smell the air. Feel the sun. Look at all the green starting to show.


1 comment: